Thursday, November 13, 2008

1897, December 14

From: Alice Annie, at 488 Waverly Ave., Brooklyn, NY
To: John, at (location unknown)

My own Jad.
By this mail I send you all the news in our papers about the ?ace. I do hope you had a comfortable voyage across. After you had got beyond my sight, I walked back to Bridge & home. Got back about 8. Baby was kicking & Florence fast asleep. I took baby out, wrapped her up & lit the fire. Then I took a hour's rest, got up, went to see Mrs. Kempster, had lunch, back home. Florence had got up by that time. Then she went to Bloomfield & I did not go till the Sunday. I was too tired & stiff. I still feel tired. It is too much to go to B'field with baby & baggage & no help. However it was beautiful weather there & had a happy time. Gerty & Florence went to church in the evening & Gertie wore her boar. She is pleased with it. We returned on Monday & glad I was to rest & quiet. Florence has gone to the meeting at the Y,M,C,A. We also sent the sheet to Mr. Fourunen (?). Now a little bit about baby darling. She still has the cold, but very lively & bright & tries to talk a bit & makes plenty of noise. She took a lot of notice of Henry. She is a pet. I was giving her her food & she bobed against the spoon & it went into her eye instead o fher mouth (her real eye I mean). The B'field crew are coming Christmas day & return at night. And they want us to go there at New Year. I hope it will be a pleasant time for you if you don't go home or anywhere. Do something nice then tell me, as I would like to know. I have thought of you, give my love to all and please give Mother a little money. On the 29th December is her birthday. With love from both, a heap of warm kisses from baby & tell me what each one says about her photo.
Your own true Wifie
Alice (Girlie no more)

No comments: