Thursday, November 13, 2008

1897, December 31

From: Mildred Jones, at Mill Hill
To: John Adkins, at (location unknown)

My very dear Brother:
I was very pleased to have your letter and above all the dear baby. It is a very pretty picture. Thank you very much for it. How very natural and happy it looks. I don't wonder you think of it so much. The pretty card did not arrive here until Saturday mgn. Yesterday I had a letter from Alice. They were all well but missed you very much, which of course they would be sure to do.
I wrote to Papa yesterday. I have got to work again. I am glad you succeeded in getting an office. I wish you great success in your business and a very happy New Year. It is getting late, have just had supper after mending my stockings. I am not going to sit up to see the "old" year out & the new one "in". Mrs. Browning is going down to her daughter's. I shall be alone. Good-night.
Much love,
From your loving sister,
Millie

No comments: