Thursday, November 13, 2008

1897, October 1

From: John, at London
To: Alice Annie, at (location unknown)

My Dear Alice:
I arrived here safely, but tired and do not feel rested yet. I saw Sarah and your brother George and his wife and heard news of all your friends. They are all well except your brother George who has the rheumatism.
I am going home tomorrow to see my father tomorrow and return on Monday night.
Will you please send me to my hotel all the Worcester business cards you have at home. You will find them in the desk, I think. Make a package of them. Write the address on the typewriter, Florence, Please, put the words "PRINTED MATTER" at the top left hand corner of the package, please take it to the post office and ask the correct amount of postage. Do not seal the packet, but fasten it with string so that they can open it to ascertain the contents if they wish to do so. Do not lose a single mail on this as we overlooked these cards.
Kiss our darling for me every day, give my love to Florrie and I send my warmest love to you, dear,
Your affectionate husband,
John

No comments: