Thursday, November 13, 2008

1897, post March 22

(date estimated to be after March 22, 1897 due to reference to John's birthday, such date being his birthday)
From: Alice Annie Wren, at (location unknown)
To: John Adkins Jones, a (location unknown)

My dearest Jadie:
I received your letter & it was nice to hear you were well. Baby & I are at present without home & have been sleeping at Mrs. Kempster's & I suppose you will get the bed, side board, chair, & table & stool in one crate. I am not sorry to be thro that Muddle & now rest & a little bit of needle work. I have neglected you dearest but I could not help it. I meant to have written to you for your birthday but other things took up my time & it was too late when I was free to think of my boy. Baby sends a kiss to Papa & with a longing wish to see Him in which Mother joins. I am at Cedar Cottage. Gertie & Henry make a fuss of babs. Florence still plods on & I think she seems anxious to get to work. Why don't you suggest to her to get a place for a time? It would be such a help to her. You promised me a long letter. I am looking forward for its now dear one. I hope to be with you in 3 weeks. I can't sail next Wednesday, I don't think, but I will let you know. I will sail if I can. Gertie wants to know if you are going to write to them & they all send their love to you. Frances thinks it too bad your going away. I've had a hard time of it & now a little bit of peace & rest is nice. I'll tell you more fully when we meet. I long for that time to come to see you. How are you? Still hard at it, I see. How does your girl get on? Are you alone, in what state are your clothes? I guess what they are like. Not in very good condition. I heard from S.Ann & Mother & Mrs. Goddard a little while since. I wonder what Aunt wrote for? I did not half read it & it got put in the fire, so I don't know much what was in it. I had a post card from Mr. Perriman. Will you see to it I forward with a letter? Babs is rather fretful & I do not get much peace to write. She has not got used to being here. Now, I send you all my love & believe me your Own,
True & loving Wifie,
A speedy meeting
Love – I send a kiss to Papa

No comments: