Thursday, November 13, 2008

1897, October 28

From: John, at:
Hotel d'Angleterre Hotel letterhead
Kronenstrasse 14
Ecke der Friedrichstrasse

To: Alice Annie, at (location unknown)

My Dearest Wifie::
Business draws me further and further away from you; but I shall, in a few days, be on my way back. I cannot say that I like this jaunting about. It is all business, business, business and not much time for rest, but the trip has been pretty successful. Just when I sail I cannot say, but I shall retrace my steps to London in a few days: a few days more in London and then home.
I hear from New York that Mr. Macdonald has not been able to make arrangements for our new business developments. I may be able to do something here and to settle in London. I am trying for it.
I often think of you & baby. Give her a kiss for me. Remember me to Gerty & Henry & to Florrie say "Auf Wiederschen"
18
Your affectionate husband,
John

[Here is a link to the hotel today:
http://www.hotel-rates.com/germany/berlin/angleterre-hotel.html]

No comments: